ISO 22000 is a food safety management system that can be applied to any organization which belongs to food chain industry. If your organization ISO 22000 certified that means your organization have food safety management system in place. This provide the confidence to the customer on your product. Customer demands safe and healthy food and food processors require that ingredient obtained from their supplier to be safe and healthy for their customers.
ISO 22000 is developed by the International Organization for Standardization (ISO) to manage the food safety and security. ISO 22000 is an overall endorsement standard that portrays the necessities of sustenance prosperity organization systems wherever all through the world.
The standard has necessities for Food Safety Management Systems procedures and techniques, and necessitates that the association execute essential projects and HACCP.
What does ISO 22000:2005 require:
ISO 22000:2005 requires that your organization have built a food safety management system. This means that your organization will have a documented management system in place and fully implemented in your organization. Some of the points includes:
- To ensure a clean sanitary environment a effective prerequisite program in place.
- To identify, prevent and eliminate food safety hazards a hazards analysis and critical control points (HACCP) developed in the organization.
- To manage food safety throughout your organization you will have to establish a documented food safety management processes.
The specific requirements for food safety management system:
- Policy for food safety management system
- Setting objective
- Documented management system for food safety
- Maintain records of the management systems
- Maintain a food safety team of qualified professionals
- Having an emergency plan
- Holding the management review meeting to check the performance of food safety management system
- Following HACCP Principle
- Corrective action plan
- Procedure for handling withdrawal of products
- Manage a internal audit program
- Continuously improving the food safety management system